Caring For Your Sex Toys
Proper Care For Your Sex Toys
Caring for your toys is easy if you know the basics. Cover your toy with a condom if you don't want to bother with cleaning.. If you want to experience the texture of your toy without a condom...clean it carefully.
Basic Sex Toy Cleaning Tips
- Most sex toys can be cleaned with a mild soap or special sex toy cleaner.
- Stay away from strong detergents as they will breakdown the material of many dildos.
- Rinse waterproof sex toys with hot water.
- Dab your sex toy with alcohol or hydrogen peroxide to disinfect it.
- Do not submerge your electrical vibrator in water. If your toy is not waterproof give your toy a "sponge bath" with a soapy wet cloth.
- Dry thoroughly. Most germs cannot live on a dry surface.
- It is best to wash your toy directly before and after use.
Different care for different sex toysAs a general rule, porous material can be nicked more easily and allow bacteria and viruses to settle into these nicks.
Silicone Sex ToysVastly superior to rubber or vinyl dildos, silicone warms up quickly, retains body heat, is non-porous and easy-to-clean. Avoid small nicks and tears to your silicone toy, as silicone will break fairly easily once damaged. - Run it through the dishwasher or boil it on the stove (3-5 minutes) and voila! -- your toy is sterilized. (Recommended Silicone dildos: Lelo Ella Dildo, Premium Pink G-Spot Dildo)
Elastomer Sex ToysPretty, flexible and inexpensive, these dildos are made of flexible smooth material. They are "body safe" and made from non-porous rubber and can be cleaned with mild soap and hot water. (Recommended Elastomer: Rabbit Habit Vibrator, Rose Rabbit Vibrator)
Rubber Sex ToysSolid, flexible and often heavy, rubber dildos are porous and tend to be more difficult to clean. - Rubber dildos should always be used with condoms. Clean with mild soap and hot water. (Recommended Rubber sex toys: Head Honcho)
Cyberskin Sex ToysSoft, supple and looks and feels remarkably like skin. - Rinse with hot water. Disinfect by putting alcohol onto a cloth and lightly rub. Avoid soap or harsh detergents. To keep the silky feel sprinkle with cornstarch or talc. (Recommended for Cyberskin: Fleshlight)
Related Sex Toy TopicsHow to Use a Vibrator
Choosing a Vibrator
Introducing Sex Toys into a Relationship