How to Stimulate the Labia
- Labia facts
- How to get familiar with your labia
- Touching the labia
How to Stimulate the Labia
The labia are bursting with delicious nerve endings. Like the clitoris, the labia are hard-wired for pleasure. In fact, the labia and the clitoris are linked to the same type of nerves, giving them a powerfully sexual charge. Because the labia are basically hidden from thier owner in an awkward hard-to-see place, most women are not all that familiar with their own vulvas. Learning a little more about your own vulvas can open a world of pleasure and give tips on how to reach orgasm.
1. The labia are two sets of 'lips' that protect the sensitive clitoris and the opening to the vagina.
2. The labia are made up of the labia minor, or 'inner lips' and the labia majora, or 'outer lips'.
3. The outer side of the labia majora have hair, while the inside are smooth and hairless.
4. The labia are incredibly sensitive to touch, temperature and stretch, which is connected to the sexual network and responsible for a great portion of a woman's sexual pleasure.
5. The size of the labia is different in every woman. The sizes range dramatically even from one side to the other.
Get familiar with your labia
Understanding how your labia responds to your touch and stimulation.
1. Set aside some time and find a comfortable place. to ensure you will not be interrupted.
2. Explore and understand your own labia. Try these suggestions:
a. Sketch a representation of your labia. Use a mirror, it is easier.
b. Sit on the photocopier press "copy". Color the image in, like a coloring book.
c. Create an exact replica of your labia with a mold.
Many women who do this exercise find a particular beauty and ownership of their labia.
Touching the labia
1. Arrange yourself into a comfortable position that gives you easy access to your labia. Many women finding lying on their back with their head propped up and legs spread works well.
2. Using your hand to start, gently run your fingers across the labia majora, outer lips. Don't jump ahead too fast. Avoid the clitoris for a while and explore the sensation of the labia alone.
3. Explore the surface skin of the labia majora. Feel how the outer part of the lips feel a little more 'rough' with hair follicles.
4. Stroke the outer lips, increasing the strength. Massage the skin in a circular motion.
5. Massage the inner lips and feel how the sensation is different from the outer lips. Use a lighter touch to start and then move into a steady 'throbbing' motion.
6. Move to the clitoris but only WITH the labia. Do not touch the clitoris directly, instead gently position the labia over the clitoris and use your favorite motion to stimulate it.
Add to the Labial Sensation
1. Cool it! Make sure you are warm enough, and get out the ice. Move the ice over the labia, running it up and down the length of the inner and outer lips. Monitor your sensation. Does it get you hot or turn you off?
2. Enhance the oral sensation for your partner. Let your partner enhance his/her oral pleasure with chocolate.
3. Play with warmth. Surround your labia with a hot water bottle (not too hot!) or add a tingle of warmth with a warming lube.
4. Like the light touch? Tickle your labia with the sensual Lelo Tantra Feather.
6. Tap the labia lightly with a hand or paddle.
7. Hold onto the lips and pull slightly, enjoying the stretching sensation.
Love your labia, they are delicious and pleasure-giving.