Men Faking Orgasms
Men fake orgasm?
Yes! 28% of men in a new study reported that they had pretended to orgasm. While many more women (67%) said they had pretended, it was surprising to see that so many men were also faking orgasm.
Why do men pretend to orgasm?
The main reason men gave for pretending to orgasm was "to end sex". It was a way to avoid awkward explanation if they knew they wouldn't come because of too much alcohol consumption or because they were too tired.
Women did it for slightly different reasons than men did. Women mostly pretended so they would not hurt their partner's feelings.While they both wanted sex to end women reported going through the extra step of encouraging their partner's orgasm.
Specific reasons men gave for pretending to orgasm:
Orgasm was unlikely or taking too long
- Too intoxicated, had already orgasmed that day, partner was unskilled/inexperienced
They wanted sex to end
- Felt tired and wanted to sleep, not in the mood, lost interest, pain or soreness
To avoid negative consequences
- To avoid partner's feelings, to avoid partner's getting upset, to avoid an awkward situation
To get a positive consequence
- To please the partner
How do men pretend?
While women 'acted out' the orgasm with moaning louder, saying they were coming or tensing their muscles, men thrusted faster and "ended sex" as a way of pretending they had an orgasm.
Other popular ways men pretended to orgasm were:
- Moaned 16% (women 51%)
- Said they were orgasming 11% (women 10%)
- Acted spent or exhausted 11 % (women 2%)
- Moved or thrusted faster 9% (womem 0%)
- Clenched muscles, froze or held breath 9% (women 12%)
- Breathed faster or harder 7% (women 33%)